I’m so happy to be back blogging. I miss connecting with you all. First, I want to thank my good friend Taylor at Muscles and Pearls (check her out here) for nominating me for the Creative Blogger Award (upcoming post).
Today is all about recipes. It’s summertime which means lots of cook-outs and lying around the pool. Last night as a favor for my mom, I made these delicious bars that won’t break the caloric bank (not too much anyway, LOL). Although I used the recipe (posted here) from the Pillsbury website, I found some alternatives for us who want to eat clean while training mean (hehe).
Here is the recipe with the clean alternatives
- 1 packet of Pillsbury Ready to Bake Sugar Cookies/Sugar-free Cookies
- 2 Packets of 8 oz. Cream Cheese/ 2 7 oz. Fage Greek Yogurt (This brand resembles the thickness of cream cheese. If you know of any other ones, please let me know)
- 1/4 cup of cane sugar/ stevia/ any other sugar alternative
- 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin
- 4 oz of whipped topping (so half of the 8 oz container)
- 1 3/4 cup of freshly chopped strawberries
- 1 3/4 cup of fresh blueberries
Steps (some are modified from original post):
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Insert Sheet of cookies for 10 minutes. Take out and let them cool for an hour
- Make Cream Cheese mixture-2 Packets, 1/4 sugar. Mixed until creamy and smooth
- Add Unflavored Gelatin to cream cheese mixture and stir
- Add Whipped Topping, 1 cup of strawberries and 1 cup of blueberries to the Cream Cheese mixture. Let the mixture chill in the fridge for an hour
- After an hour, take Sugar Cookies out of fridge, use food processor/mixer to crumble cookies. Save a cup of crumbled cookies for top layer
- Layer the rest of crumbled cookies on the bottom of a 11 x 7 cookie sheet with parchment paper on bottom
- Press crumbled cookies until evenly layered
- Take cream cheese mixture, spread evenly on bottom cookie layer
- Add 3/4 cup of both strawberries and blueberries
- Layer the top with the 1 cup of crumbled cookies
- The recipe on the site says to refrigerate cookie bars at least 4 hours. My recommendation is to put them in the freezer so the cookie layers (especially the one on the bottom meshes with the cream cheese mixture)
There you have it friends!
Overall Experience: I’m happy with the outcome! They are delicious! I plan to make these for the Fourth. I wish the the bottom layer would have stuck on more, but there is always room for improvement!
Prep Time: 20 minutes (10 minutes to make mixture; ten minutes after letting everything cooled down to make a masterpiece)
Cook Time: 10 minutes (to bake the sugar cookies)
Total Time: 30 minutes
I hope you all are having a great Tuesday! Be blessed!