I am in awe right now. I want to thank my friend Brittany at Stepping on Dandelions for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Show Brittany some love and go check her out.
I have been blogging for almost three months now and I am enjoying every second of it. To be nominated this prestige award is truly an honor. I am officially accepting this nomination by writing this post. You are about to learn a bit more about me, then, I will nominate fellow bloggers for this award.
Brittany asked me the following questions:
1) What is one advice you’d give your younger self:
The one piece of advice that I would give my younger self is this: To LIVE, to EXPLORE, to TAKE CHANCES, to be FREE, to STAY TRUE TO MYSELF, to LOVE MYSELF, to NOT WORRY ABOUT WORDS because they DONT DEFINE WHO I AM
2) If you had the opportunity to walk into any store and choose one item to get for free, what item would you choose?
I would go into the Christian Louboutin store and pick out some Purple Red Bottoms. I love purple and I truly want a pair of Louboutins.
3) What is one food that you could not live without?
I absolutely cannot live without my Buffalo Chicken Dip from Publix. I have once sometimes twice a week (depending on my willingness to splurge on my meals)
4) Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging to begin my healing process. I was a few months out of doing intensive group therapy and wanted an outlet that I can just tell it like it is, to inspire, to be inspired.
5) What is the story behind your blog name?
The story behind Love Sparks Strength: I wanted a name that can be multi-faceted. My blog is about my overall health (physical, mental, and spiritual) and my healing. I didn’t want the name to be focused just on physical health or mental health.
6) What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
The best gift I’ve received was the realization that I matter. After several suicide attempts, I realized that there is a reason why I am here. I’m allowing God to guide me to what He wants me to do.
7) If you could get a job in any profession, without any education or training, just automatically get hired, what career would you choose?
I would want to be hired as an Early Childhood Educator. This is my dream career position. I love kids. I love teaching. I want to continue to make a difference in the lives of children forever.
8) If you could have picked to grow up in any country, what country would you have chose?
If I could have picked to grow up in a particular country, I would go to Canada hands down. I hear nothing but great things about its’ cities especially Toronto. Yeah, I want to be a Canadian and eat fries with gravy, LOL
9) If you could live one day over again (past or in the future), what day would you re-live?
One day that I would re-live is this past Saturday. I finally had a chance to visit my brother on the other end of Atlanta and to see my dad as well. I just wish that I had spent more one-on-one time with my brother to really chat. I haven’t noticed this before, but I do throw “shade” at him all the time and he doesn’t deserve it. I don’t want our relationship to suffer because of me and my judgmental statements.
10) What person inspires you the most?
The person that inspires me the most is myself to be honest (I hope that I don’t sound arrogant). Although I have my “cheerleaders”, people who are there through thick and thin, I realized that I am my biggest cheerleader and that I preserve through everything. I challenge myself to be better than I was the day before.
11) Coffee or Tea?
Can I say both?! I love sweet tea (extremely too much). I love coffee (my favorite for the summer- Large Oreo Ice Coffee from Dunkin Dounts)
Now, here are 11 random facts (some you might know from reading my welcome page):
1) I’m originally from Chicago.
2) I graduated from Illinois State (GO Redbirds)
3) I went to three high schools (Luther North-1st semester Freshman Year, Walter Lutheran-2nd semester Freshman Year, Luther North-Sophmore Year, Neuqua Valley-Junior and Senior Year)
4) My hair used to be extremely long and thick (The length was at the middle of my back-blown dried and straighten of course)
5) I am closest with my mom-I would consider her to be my best friend
6) I am both the oldest child and the middle child
7) I was in Special Education classes until the 5th grade. I was the only one in my school to test successfully out of the Special Education program
8) I can not whistle for the life of me
9) I love trap and ratchet music ( and juke music: My chi-town folks know ’bout that Bounce n Break Yo Break, LOL)
10) I have never been out of the country. Heck, I never been to the East or West Coast.
11) I watch way too much VH1, BET, MTV reality shows. (I’ll watch a Jersey Shore and Teen MOM marathon, no questions asked)
Now that you know a bit more about me, I now nominate these fellow bloggers that I thoroughly enjoy learning from. Each of these individuals have inspired me, motivated me, and been so encouraging since I started Love Sparks Strength.
(Excerpt about the Liebster Award: This award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is used to bring bloggers who have less than a few hundred followers some love and recognition for what each of them do.)
And the nominees are:
Taylor @ Muscles and Pearls
Latifa @ Tiffaspilla
Ida @ LivingLifeFullyAlive
Brenda @ The Brenda Blackmon Blog
If you decide to accept this nomination, I would love for you to answer the following 11 questions. Then, you will have to nominate 5-11 bloggers and tell 11 random facts about yourself.
These are the questions:
1) What is your favorite thing about blogging?
2) What other name(s) did you consider for your blog?
3) How many siblings do you have?
4) What is one thing you like to do in the summer?
5) If you had the chance to swap blogs with a fellow blogger for a week, which one would it be and why?
6) If you were a superhero, what would be your special gift (power)?
7) Who is your favorite Christian artist(s)? (I’m trying to listen to more Christ-centered music and would love suggestions)
8) If you won a free trip to travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
9) What is your favorite TV show or Movie?
10) Who is the one person that you admire and why?
11) Where do you see yourself in five years?
I am looking forward to reading your responses and learning more about each of you.